Objectives of the Travel Program
The objective of the Travel Program is to provide the best soccer development experience for our children so they can reach their maximum potential within the state, regional, national, and the international arena. To attain this objective, the program aims to instill an atmosphere of Enthusiasm and Appreciation for the sport of soccer, to promote good sportsmanship, and to develop the Technical, Tactical, Physical, and Psychological attributes necessary to be quality soccer players.
Commitment to the Travel Program
Travel soccer teams involves a complete year of commitment; not just from the players, but, from the parents as well. Teams are formed by selecting players at public tryouts each spring. The players on travel teams range in age from 10 to 18. Teams practice and play throughout the summer, fall and spring, with dedicated players practicing indoors during the winter. Weekend indoor and outdoor tournaments, are part of Brentwood’s player development program. After your son / daughter has been accepted by the coach you may register your child here
The Inter-League program creates an environment similar to that of the organized travel leagues without the tough competitiveness. However, these teams do play in an organized league against other teams of a similar skill level outside of Brentwood. The travel is minimal, but the teams will play away and home games within Suffolk country. The competition is above that of the Intramural program and just below that of the Travel Leagues. Players will be afforded the expertise of seasoned trainers who will focus on the following:
• Players technical ability including, ball control, short and long passing, dribbling, finishing
• Players ability to understand basic tactical play such as basic combination play
• Players awareness of space during game situations
• Players awareness of teammates & opposition during games
• The sessions will focus on individual balls skills and will end each night with a scrimmage. Players will only be moved into the Travel Teams only when they exhibit the temperament, enthusiasm, determination and skills necessary to be competitive. To register your son / daughter into a pre-travel program please follow this link
Intramural – Recreational – Program
Brentwood Youth Soccer Club’s Intramural Program is built from the ground up. All players will be trained by the same qualified club trainers as their older team mates. No more wondering if your child is learning the right skills.
The Intramural Program is designed to build character, develop skills, fitness and sportsmanship, while making new relationships. Our club is an official member of The United States Youth Soccer Association. Our development process starts here at the grass roots level with a program that is designed to cover all the steps necessary to build a great player.
For our intramural program please check the side bar for registration dates – in person at the Brentwood State Park